Saturday 10 November 2018

Sunday, Sunday (85)

image credit: splash news

Ever wondered what the Joker looked like chillaxing? Documentarian Niko Tavernise captured this unique moment on set of Todd Phillips' upcoming Joker flick, which he posted on his Instagram. Shot with Joaquin's head facing up and away from the camera with a cigarette protruding from his lips, he's in full Joker makeup. 

It's like a work of art — something I'd totally have hanging up in my house. Yeah, I cannot wait for this movie. 

As morbid as this tragedies are, I've always had an innate curiosity in the reasonings behind these acts and the psychology behind cult leaders like Jim Jones. And if there's one person to talk to and learn about the tragedy that unfolded in Jonestown, it's author and producer Jeff Guin, who wrote the 2017 book The Road to Jonestown. He's also executive producer of the upcoming docuseries Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle

Rolling Stone's Andrea Marks did just that by discussing the massacre and Jim Jones himself for the 40th anniversary of the events that took place that day. 


image credit: HBO

I've been meaning to watch HBO's Deadwood for a while, and even more so now thanks to countless Red Dead Redemption sessions. And it seems the series is returning as a film (which is officially in production), so I think this is definitely the perfect time for a Deadwood marathon. 

I mean there's only three seasons, it stars one of my favourite actors (Timothy Olyphant), and it's about the Wild West. I think there's a fair chance I'll be  blitzing through this series in the near future. 

I can't remember where I first heard about this, but I've known cats are permanent residents of the Disney parks for a while. Now, I've never actually seen one during my visits, but they're pretty damn famous on Instagram. So, why exactly are they there? To catch and kill mice of course. Poor old Mickey. 

And according to author David Koenig, the cats have pretty much been there from the beginning. "The first colony of feral cats at Disneyland was discovered in the late 1950s, when company executives decided to turn Sleeping Beauty Castle from a mere prop in to a real attraction," he told The Mercury News

Seems like cats are the best form of discrete pest control, especially for Disney. 

image credit: giphy

image credit: ariana grande/vevo

Ariana Grande has only gone and done it again. Another stunning music video for such an important and relatable song, 'breathin' focuses in on her anxieties and how she tries to pull through by, you guessed it, breathing. 

This is further demonstrated in the video with Ari surrounded by rushing people while she's comfortable at her own pace in her own space, reminding herself to slow down, stop, and breathe. What a mantra. 


The release of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee are so close, and even though I've been trying my hardest to stay away from spoilers I totally couldn't resist looking into this one. 


It looks like some more classic characters will be making an appearance in these games, as Red, Blue (aka Gary Oak), and Green (often referred to as Leaf) will be playing substantial roles in the narrative if the latest trailer is anything to go by. 

November 16 couldn't come fast enough, tbh. 

gif credit: giphy

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for nearly two weeks now, and I've only just got half way through the story. It's not like I haven't been playing it religiously either, it's just that goddamn immersive. I have no idea how it's going to end, but I'm sure as hell hoping it doesn't because I could literally play this game forever. 

gif credit: giphy

image credit: amc

I'm still not 100% certain that this is actually going to be a thing, but The Hollywood Reporter seems pretty confident that a Breaking Bad movie is in the works, with creator Vince Gilligan at its helm. According to THR, it's going to be a two-hour flick — either for theatrical or televised release — and production may have already begun in New Mexico. 

It looks like it's currently under the working title of Greenbrier, "which the New Mexico Film Office confirmed [as they told THR] a project with [the same title] is slated to shoot in the region." Bryan Cranston also addressed the rumours during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show, saying "there appears to be a movie version of Breaking Bad," but he hasn't received nor read a script for it. 

Which sorta makes sense, because if this movie is a continuation of the series rather than a prequel, there's minimal chance of Walt making an appearance other than in flashback; Jesse will totally be the star of the show. 

Hmm. Let's wait and see how this one pans out.

Why does everything that I'm into always seem to happen in New York? First it was Bruce Springsteen on Broadway, now it's a pop-up Mickey Mouse art exhibit named Mickey: The True Original. Curated by Daniel Romanelli, this interactive exhibition is "inspired by Mickey's status as a 'True Original' and his consistent impact on the arts and creativity in all its forms," Disney described. 

In celebration of Mickey's 90th birthday, Romanelli wanted to capture the feeling of inspiration and adventure that he felt when visiting Disneyland as a kid. "I've been chasing that and wanting to hold on to that adventure that I felt at the park," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "So Mickey being the mouse and the icon of the park, I've always looked at him as this beacon of light." 

gif credit: giphy

Mickey: The True Original is open until Feb. 10, 2019 in NY, but hopefully it'll make its way over the Atlantic at some point because I need to experience this. 

Nothing to say, other than I throughly agree with these statements. 


gif credit: giphy
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wreck My Brain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig