Wednesday 1 July 2015

June 2015


June hasn't been the kindest of months. Scrap that, 'kind' is too nice of a word. A word to sum up this month perfectly for me would be: Shitty. Beyond shitty. 


Funnily enough, the month started out alright. June marked the month I had been waiting for (i.e. the month I was seeing Foo Fighters. Emphasis on the word 'was'), and it didn't disappoint for the first week and a half. 

Jurassic World finally hit theatres, and I fell head over heels in love with it. I reviewed it here, but let's just say I would have happily seen it over ten times by now if I could. 

Plus, all this adorable fanart of Owen and the Raptors are circulating Tumblr and I'm living for it. 

 via sodam-art

• And after five years of having God awful braces, they finally came out. It's so weird, I feel like I have phantom braces on. So, you'd think to start out the month like that, this month wouldn't be that shitty. 

• The first wave of bad news came through in the form of something that I had been looking forward to since last November. Yes, I was one of the unlucky people that bought tickets to see Foo Fighters headline Wembley Stadium. Something that I wasn't just looking forward to because I was seeing my heroes in concert again, but because it made up for when I couldn't see them headline there back in 2008 from the tickets selling out. The stars finally aligned, everything was great. 

That was until Dave took a dive off the stage two songs into Foo Fighters set in Sweden and broke his right leg. Now. I was blissfully unaware of this event, as I was at work. But as I was leaving, my brother linked me to something on Facebook, which was a news article about what had happened. I just stood there thinking "...well, Wembley isn't happening then." And lo and behold, Foo Fighters had to cancel the remaining European dates on their tour, including not only both Wembley shows but also Glastonbury and Edinburgh. 


I'm not going to lie, I cried. I cried a lot. As much as I don't want to admit that I did, it happened. I've never experienced a show be canceled on me before, let alone a week in advance. And especially not when the guy you look up to in life could have very well done more major damage from that fall that he took. Breaking his leg was the best thing he could have done in that situation. 

In light of said situation, Foo Fighters are releasing a shirt with Dave's X-Ray on with 'Foo Fighters: 2015' written above it. And I pre-ordered it. Seeing as I buy concert shirts from every gig I go to, this shirt is going to be my 'I nearly saw Foo Fighters at Wembley, but Dave Grohl broke his leg' shirt. One to tell the grandkids, for sure. 

• Oh, innocent me. In my notes for this, I wrote down 'HANNIBAL COMING BACK'. Maybe this is why everything went wrong. I got too overexcited about everything. 

In true fashion, everything I love dies - this time in the form of Hannibal being canceled. I'm not even going to dwell on this because it's beyond me why they felt the need to cancel when they had so much left to explore. And the fact that they were using it to boost Aquarius's ratings. But hey ho, turns out NBC hate me. 


• Or so I thought, because not only is Aquarius pretty good, but it's getting renewed for a second season. 

I honestly thought I was one of the only people enjoying this show. I say enjoy, to an extent. Whenever the Manson family isn't on, then I'm enjoying it (as you can tell by my reviews), but I'm so happy that they get to carry on the story. Maybe they'll pick up on what reviewers have been saying about how the Manson family is being portrayed and make them more believable and less annoying. Who knows. 

Aquarius has also introduced me to a musical that I never knew existed: Hair. I have yet to watch it, but I bought the DVD and subsequent soundtracks in preparation for when I get around to it. 

• The second biggest let down of this month has surprisingly been The X-Files revival. This show means a lot to me, so I thought it would be a blessing to be able to coherently live through the excitement of a new season coming to screen; turns out I was wrong. 

The only official plot information that we've got so far about the new series is that Mulder and Scully aren't living together. That's it. But I forgot that with the rise of a new season and it being the age of the Internet, a plethora of rumors and speculation are plaguing the fandom right now. 

I'm going to talk about this more tomorrow in my new X-Files update, but let's just say I have gone through the five stages of grief for five different rumors regarding this revival. 

Although, we did get a bunch of new photographs (of which I will feature all on tomorrow's post) of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on set that I will proceed to cry over nightly until the new season actually airs.


 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wreck My Brain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig